We start with an abstract design applying the paint with a palette knife. We then move on to simplified landscapes to exploring the effects of painting on a textured surface. Please bring 2 canvases with you on the first afternoon – have all packaging removed and your name written on the back in pencil.
Please make sure to bring the items listed below.
- Canvas – 4 regular or gallery style your choice, size – approximately 12×16” or 16×20” – no larger
- Paint – each of the primary colours plus white in the brand of your choice.
- Brushes- long handle , soft bristle, elongated flats, in various sizes.
- Palette- a pad of palette paper
- Mediums – modelling paste, matt gel medium, gesso, gloss medium ( these are 4 different products)
- Water containers – low, plastic (no glass) approx. 6 “ wide
- Spatula, palette knife, 2 plastic bottles with pointed lids, a colour wheel, paper towels, an apron , your sketchbook and pencil , printed photo sources not on your iPad or phone, a glossy magazine you can cut up.